On Monday, after some coffee, we packed our bags and headed to Perthshire for a little retreat, staying in a converted horsebox (japp ett hästsläp!) situated in the forest. We spent our days walking, sitting by the fire and eating lots of nice locally sourced food. Even though this past year has been rather lonely in terms of not being able to see friends and family, it was so beautiful and needed to be enriched by nature.
Before leaving I made this delicious sockerkaka infused with Amalfi lemons.
3 dl sugar
3 1/2 dl plain flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 dl milk
50 g butter
1 1/2 Amalfi lemons
1. Preheat the oven to 175C (350F, gas 4, fan 155C)
2. Grease a baking mould
3. Beat the eggs and sugars with an electric whisk until pale and fluffy
4. Sieve the flour and baking powder into a bowl and then carefully fold into the mixture
5. Melt the butter and then add the milk. Add to the mixture
6. Squeeze the lemon juice into the mixture and mix carefully
6. Pour the mixture into the mould and then bake at the bottom of the oven for 35-40 minutes, until the top is golden.
When the cake was done we packed the car and set off.
As always, do press the little heart if you like this post – it brings me so much joy to know that you are reading and liking what I’m writing